Friday, September 23, 2011

M. Ed: A 'Summery' of Camp

Welcome to my four month M. Ed. project: A 'Summery' of Camp.

IMG_6320

As my final course in my M. Ed program I chose to do an arts-based approach to telling stories and chronicling events. You can imagine how this fit perfectly into my philosophy of scrapbooking. This blog will serve as my portfolio. It will be a place for collecting inspiration, documenting my process and responding to a variety of class materials. I'm looking forward to share this journey of my story of CAMP with you.

For those of you visiting from my Ed 6394 class-WELCOME! For those of you visiting from my personal blog, Confessions of a Twenty Something Artist, I hope you can appreciate and enjoy my process as I develop this album. I will periodically link the blogs to give you an opportunity to see my progress through the term.

This project is giving me an opportunity to tell my story of Camp. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Iroquois Springs summer camp. It has made me into the person I am proud to say I am today.

The skeleton for my story- the pictures + words- is a 'decade of camp'. This past summer I celebrated my 10th summer, and perhaps my last summer for a while, at summer camp. But camp changed me and it's a big part of my life. So it only seems fitting that I do it justice and use it as the focus of my project.

I've decided to challenge myself with this project and take on the task of learning some new material which includes digital scrapbooking and sewing-neither of which I do particularly well, if at all! I'm still deciding on a format but will post pictures of inspiration and my materials as I gather them together.

I'm looking forward to this project and I hope you'll enjoy seeing it develop over the next few months. Thanks for visiting!

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment