Thursday, September 29, 2011

Busy Bee

I've been a busy bee the last few days. I've sorted through a stack of my camp photos...

IMG_1436

...but more importantly, I've settled on a formula for my album. Here are a few of the details:

*8 1/2 by 11 American Crafts album (brown-black was too stark and bleak)
*Title Page as first page
*Then each year will have two 'spreads' essentially, one with a single photo layout on the left and a coordinating digital journaling page on the left; the other 'spread' will be a double pager but each year's layout will be slightly different from the others.

Here's a scan of my sketch...

opt out form 1

There's no sketch for the second double-page spread because I'm making that original to each year.

And this is what I've been working on for the past two days...

IMG_1439

and up close...

IMG_1440

Who knew that hand-sewn embellishments were this time consuming?! But, these will be featured on each of the opening pages of each year and I'm thinking that each of the opening pages will be on kraft cardstock. That will give it a cohesive feel throughout the album. This page gave me the inspiration for the opening pages.

I also thought of a great idea for the title page. I love this collage and this one too, but I wanted something with more words. I've used wordle before in my classroom for student projects but I'm thinking if I create a wordle of all 'camp' words and get a screen shot of it, I can print it and use it on the title page.

So that's where I stand right now. Progress is being made. Next I need to make a list of all the pictures I need to print. I have a feeling I'll be using Picasa to make lots of collages.

Stay tuned for a post about materials/supplies coming soon!

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment