Friday, October 7, 2011

Working on Something...

I've been working on something this past week for my class.

I wanted to try something new and different for this assignment so I turned to a little canvas and water colour.


IMG_7406

I was inspired by a number of things I found on pinterest to create something about the rain and the power of positive thinking. And so I bought some water colours and brushes and set to work.

I used a Tim Holtz stamp with black Adirondack ink for the stamp and then embossed it with clear embossing powder to keep the 'rain' or water colour from getting on it. Then I just played around until I got the effect I was going for. It looked like this.

IMG_7410

Then I hauled out my little letter stamps that I love and stamped a quote by Henry Wordsworth Longfellow on it. I love the way it turned out...

IMG_7418

IMG_7417

Krista

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! The only thing is - the colours are so cheerful it kind of belies the poem. But I really like the design: the hand made quality of the old-fashioned printing press print and the ribbon-like rain. It makes me want to get out some art supplies and play with words and colours too.

    ReplyDelete