Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Final letter to Camp

The hardest part of this project was writing that final letter to camp.

IMG_8184

Camp has been such an important part of my life for the last 10 years. I wish everyone got to experience what I have. I know that camp is sometimes difficult to understand and it can seem all-consuming to those of us who have gone. But, camp is the place where I met some of my most favorite people. I love camp because I love the people who are there. The relationships that I've built with some of my family and friends over the last 10 years are some of the most important relationships in my life. I love all those crazy, wacky people that Iroquois Springs has introduced me to.

This album was made to close a chapter of my life but it was also an homage to all the camp people who have come into my life. It is a 'thank you' to them that I've poured my heart and soul into for the past four months. Looking back through this album has brought me moments of joy, tears of happiness and sadness too. But I wouldn't change a thing. It's perfect and so are the memories in it whether they are bad, good or sad.

IMG_8188

So, this is a final farewell to this project. It was a wonderful opportunity to summarize a large chunk of my life. I hope you've enjoyed sharing the journey with me along the way.

Now, I think I'll go eat a s'more and pretend it's a few degrees warmer outside.

So long sweet summer.


Krista

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful project, Krista! I shed a few tears as I read your letter to camp and "The Last Horrah". Very moving.

    ReplyDelete