Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Stage 3: Complete

Thought I might share some of my completed double page layouts here on the blog. These are some of my favorites.

Note: I apologize that some of the pics are fussy within the pages but I had to blur the faces of the children for privacy's sake.

Let's talk a little bit about design as we go through them.

So right off the bat I will tell you that I STRUGGLED with the 8 1/2 by 11 size of this album. That page size was difficult and challenging to work with. Initially, I chose it because I never use that size and thought it might be fun to try something different. Turns out 8 1/2 by 11 is a LOT smaller than the 12 by 12. And it's a long rectangle which made it much more difficult to work with. I don't think it deterred me form using 8 1/2 by 11 because it is a nice size to add some variety to a scrapbook 12 by 12 album and I know lots of people love it and use it exclusively. But, it was a learning experience for me that's for sure.

I used a lot of sketches to spark my creativity here and used this project as an opportunity to try out some different designs-linear vs. a little crazy. I LOVE how some of them turned out.

This is very simple and linear-there weren't a lot of photos to work with for this layout either so I kept it streamlined and simple.
IMG_7855

This one is FUN. love the color combo and again more streamlined.
IMG_7856

I like the banner on this one. This one came from a sketch.

IMG_7850

Simple again. A lot of pastel colors-not something I usually do but I enjoy it.

IMG_7854

This one's wayyyyy out of my comfort zone but I LOVE how it turned out. I especially like the layers of embellishments on the left.

IMG_7853

IMG_7858

And this is the last one in the album and I love it. Went for a collage look and I've been saving that American Crafts paper for ages, deciding how I would use it. I LOVE this layout!!!Lots of bits & lots of pics.
IMG_7851

IMG_7852

So that's a few of the double page layouts. We're getting there.

Krista

1 comment:

  1. I especially like the way you worked within constraints (wanting to use a lot of photos in one case, having only a few to choose from in another) to develop attractive designs in both cases.

    ReplyDelete