Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Photos Photos Photos

I've been culling and digging through photos for the last week or so. It's been hard for a number of reasons.

1. I discovered that I threw out all the originals that I had stored in my closet from Summer 2002,2003,2004, and 2005. So, I had to go through the old scrapbooks-wasn't that a joy-and try and take pictures of the scrapbooked pictures to use for the album. Let me tell you, back in those early days I thought that those funky scissors were the bees knees. It makes for taking pictures of those pictures a trying task!

2. From Summers 2006-2011 I have a million digital pictures. So, I had to cull down what I wanted to use for those summers.

But, I have officially finished gathering photos and now I just have to re-size them and send them to the printer. I hope to have a page or something to show by the end of the week.

In other related news, I did take a virtual trip to Designer Digitals, the online digital scrapbooking store, this past weekend and investigated some possible layouts to tell my story for each summer. It was a successful trip. I bought a layout produced by Cathy Z. and it seems to have enough space for my story and a few spots for pictures even. The layout is simple but it encourages you to read the story which I like. Turns out it's easier to do a digital page than I thought. I'll probably incorporate some digital scrapbooking into my regular scrapbooking in the future. It's a great way to tell a story.

That's the progress that's been made so far. I'll have a page to post within the week I expect.

Krista

1 comment: